Defining Holistic Therapy
Overcoming a drug addiction can be challenging. However, by making healthy changes to the lifestyle which can complement conventional methods of treatment people can indeed beat the addiction with holistic therapies.
Holistic therapy of drug addiction includes nonmedicinal techniques aimed at complementing traditional medical approaches. The purpose of holistic recovery is to bring the spirit, body and mind into sync.
Facilities that use holistic therapy apply to exercise, meditation, and nutrition in their treatment regime.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Holistic methods can include:
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Religious approach
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
The methods used for addiction recovery feature holistic therapy programs, which are personalised and non-medical. Apart from helping to deal with poor nutrition and emotional imbalances, holistic therapies help to treat the physical and psychological issues brought on by addiction.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. The plans offered by holistic therapy are flexible and are catering for the requirements of every individual.
What this treatment technique seeks to achieve is:
- Revealing the hidden addiction causes
- Overcoming the desire to use the drugs
- Improve the physical health of patient
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Changing the person's perspective about the drugs
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Methods of holistic medicine address various spheres of well-being, from physical to spiritual.
The main practices involve:
- Successful recovery is much easier if a person has a healthy body.
- Checking the patient's diet will go a long way in making sure they recover.
- With a proper diet, the body is fortified and ready to fight addiction.
- Keeping The Body In Shape Technique
- The addict body need to always be in shape if they are to recover effectively.
- Sport training is an essential aspect of treatment.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- Engaging in mindful reflections also helps in recovering.
- Mediation under professional supervision is offered in most treatment facilities.
- To help the recovering users gain clearer minds, yoga and tai chi may also be provided to help improve meditation.
- Acupuncture And Massage Therapy
- Massage is yet another commonly applied holistic treatment method since it helps to relax the body.
- Point massage is also helpful to gain physical and psychical equation lost due to long-term use of drugs.
The combination of the known addiction recovery techniques with holistic therapy is usually 100% effective in treatment of any kind of addiction. Special medical control is necessary to supervise quitting manifestations after giving up alcohol and during use of CNS (central nervous system) debilitates.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as:
- Medically supervised detox
- Comprehensive medical care
- Individualized psychological counselling
Most of recovering patients as well participate in groups of 12-step program (e.g. Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous) to get psychological assistance.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction TreatmentHolistic treatment is featured in many residential and outpatient treatment centres.
There is a lot of correlation between the principles of traditional treatment methods and holistic therapy with the most important being providing balance to the body, mind and spirit. Cognitive-behavioural therapy combines well with meditation and yoga sessions which can provide help for recovering addicts to manage stress levels. Knowing what to do during an emotional moment helps in assisting the patient not to go to the solace of drug or alcohol.
Holistic therapy can be important in treating addiction no matter how severe as long as these therapies are paired with key conventional treatment methods. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 today to help you locate a treatment facility near you providing holistic therapy.