Defining Experimential Therapy
Some recuperating addicts feel uncomfortable working through their issues in a conventional therapy setting. To approach to the treatment in a different way, many choose the experimental therapy.
Experimential therapies are hands-on, connecting with exercises that help recouping addicts process and adapt to past injury.
The regular environment of a therapist may be difficult to some addicts and they don't find it easy to talk. In experimential therapy, the patient is instead taken to a place in which they may feel more comfortable.
Experimential therapy utilizes non traditional treatment settings to help addicts work through stifled sentiments and feelings.
Usual exploratory treatments involve:
- Mountain climbing
- Ropes courses
- Music based therapy
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Adventure therapy
Experimential therapy is intended to help those in recuperation build up a more grounded feeling of self by grappling with covered feelings and past injuries. Offering a different method to confront these emotions than taking drugs is the purpose of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Treating Dependency With Experimential Therapy
Proceedings that are physically taxing such as mountain climbing and trekking aid to encourage real life troubles for recuperating users to defeat. The recovering addicts we get an opportunity to learn to cope with everyday stressors such as cravings and substance abuse triggers with the help of experimential therapy.
Exploratory treatment has additionally verified successful in curing numerous conditions that coexist with dependency. It's much easier to avoid a relapse if the other mental health problems are treated together with the addiction.
Experimential Therapy Methods
Each patient will have their own needs when it comes to experimential therapy and during the sessions, they will be guided by the therapists through various exercises.
It may be easier for the therapist to evaluate the patient accurately during experimential therapy since they may be less guarded at this point.
Coexisting psychological conditions exploratory treatments cure involve:
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder [PTSD]
Experimential Therapy Used With Other Treatments
When combined with psychotherapies such as Motivational Enhancement Therapy, experimential therapy can be effective in helping patients to change self destructive habits. These exercises permit recuperating addicts to apply the life aptitudes they're educated amid psychotherapy sessions in pragmatic, hands-on situations.
Withdrawal symptoms from many drugs can be uncomfortable and also dangerous, therefore, it is essential to begin any treatment program with a medical detox. Inpatient and outpatient recovery programs can both withdrawal symptoms during the detox. Thereafter several therapies can be utilised in conjunction with experimential therapy in order to provide proper treatment for the individual through the recovery process.
To ensure recovering addicts have a treatment program that is balanced, experimential therapy is normally applied together with conventional treatment methods.
Usual Methods Applied In Experimential Therapy Involve
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Equine assisted psychotherapy [EAP] includes the use of horses during the exercises for therapeutic recovery.
- Patients won't ride steeds, yet they will prep, nourish, bridle and walk them all through the session.
- A patient's emotional and mental condition can be revealed depending on how they interact with the horses.
- A patient may have suffered trauma that they are unaware of or unable to address or they may have negative emotions that they don't know how to process and equine-assisted therapy can help them to do this.
- EMDR or Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing
- The process of EMDR involves going through certain eye movements guided by a therapist while one visualizes an event in their past that caused them some trauma.
- EMDR has been demonstrated powerful in aiding those in recuperation lighten negative feelings and sentiments of pain that can prompt to substance manhandle.
- Adventure Therapy
- The practice of outdoors sports is the focus of this therapy.
- Adventure based therapy aids recuperating users create private accountability, analytical abilities, as well as knowledge in communicating whist functioning in a team environment.
- Art Therapy
- Music and art allow the addicts to show their thoughts and feelings so they can heal, this is how art therapy works.
- Recovering users can process negative emotions and other sources of stress in a healthier way by creating art.
Get Treatment For Your Addiction Today
Call us to secure you a dependency rehabilitation scheme if you are experiencing issues with drug addiction. Experimential therapies such as climbing, use of art and obstacle courses can now be found in certain drug treatment centres. Rehabilitation facilities throughout the nation hold professional and restorative supplies you require to defeat substance dependency call us on 0800 246 1509.