Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
The most difficult preliminary stages in the road to recovery involve accepting that one is addicted and agreeing to pursue a rehab programme. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
Your struggle to completely recover from alcohol addiction is made less difficult when you have more information about addiction - including the cost of each programme, how long it will take, and the possible outcome of the programme.
What Is Addiction Rehab?
A rehab is a structured treatment programme with the goal of assisting people who are battling with dependency. Rehabilitation can assist an addict to work towards a wholesome, content and drug-free lifestyle.
What Happens In Rehab?
In rehab, treatment is tailored to each individual. The actual treatment will use a variety of procedures including blood cleansing (detoxifying), peer or individual counselling sessions, avoiding setback instructions, and maintenance after the rehab to make sure one remains sober.
- Detoxification Any successful recovery programme must start with detoxing the blood of drugs. Amid detox, the body frees itself of the harmful impacts of drugs or liquor. While the detox experience will shift enormously in light of the particular sort and recurrence of substance utilized, numerous substance withdrawal disorders can be repulsive, if not unsafe. Legitimate treatment in a medicinally regulated detox program can ease the inconvenience and dangers related with the detox procedure.
- Therapy For Drug Addiction Rehabilitation proceeds with different behavioural helpful intercessions after detox is finished. In rehabilitation, an individual takes part in one-on-one and/group therapy sessions to identify and deal with the underlying reasons of his/her dependency. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Aftercare A workable after care plan is developed for the patient with the help of the staff towards the termination of the rehab treatment program. When the need arises, sober living plans, ongoing therapy and the use of support groups may be applied here.
How Long Is Rehab?
There isn't a set timeframe that applies to everybody with regards to restoration. Numerous rehabilitation centres offer 30-day programs. Though, certain people gain from a longer treatment programme, like a 60-day, 90-day, or even longer treatment at an inpatient/residential treatment facility to further devise and maintain a stable recovery journey. The treating therapist considers a lot of things before recommending the amount of time a patient might need, these include; length and seriousness of the addiction, what drug or drugs one is abusing, if there are any complications in medical, mental, or behaviour arising from the usage of the drugs, and what the patient's needs are as concerns their physiological, psychological, sentimentally, relationships, way of life and religious.
In studies, it's been discovered that patients who are in treatment for three months or more have a better chance of long term sobriety. Rehab programmes that last a longer amount of time work on the cause and resultant actions of the addict and give the patient ample time to work on living without the substance.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
No, addiction is not curable, but it can be managed successfully. No matter how long treatment is, addiction recovery is not completed at the end of the rehabilitation program. Addiction recovery is a long, perpetual process. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to learn how to manage an addiction every day without using.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehab teaches patients how to handle cravings and work through difficult times when the temptation to start using again is strong. What's more, it can teach individuals skills to get them ready for the daily battles of recovering from dependency, and how to deal with the circumstances or the people that might have added to or aggravated the issue with the substance to begin with.
Though, long-lasting recovery may call for continuous therapy in group and/or individual form in addition to attending support group or 12-step meetings. Some people in recovery find that other tasks and activities can help support their ongoing recovery. These exercises may incorporate contemplation, yoga, work out, or artistry to give some examples.
Successful treatment programmes also include their homegrown activities or help you draw up your tailor made an ante-rehab plan before discharge to maintain the momentum of recovery. Truth be told, studies have shown that continuing involvement in aftercare programs is related with less backslides.
What Happens If I Relapse?
A relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but should rather be viewed as a hindrance on your continuous journey to a drug-free life. It gives a chance to reassess one's way and get once again into a program that offers the support and help expected to look after moderation.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. While you will be taught how to be sober for a longer period of time, the task of handling your addiction problem is all up to you.
What Is The Cost Of Rehab
The costs of addiction rehabilitation programs are differ. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
Because inpatient programs provide therapy, food, lodging, and recreational activities, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs. The outpatient facilities offer different types of programs - such as group or personal counselling sessions every week, intensive outpatient programs, and free meetings of support groups that are properly organised.
The cost of rehab can be effected by the following factors:
- What amenities are provided - Services may include special gourmet diets, private accommodation, animal-assisted therapy, alternative medicine, massage, and yoga.
- Length of program - The cost related with a treatment program is essentially dictated by the duration of the stay. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- Location - Treatment centres in more luxurious settings will cost more than traditional centres. The commute to the centre can also be included into the cost, particularly when the centre is located far from your home.
- Kind of Program - Residential rehab programmes involve the patient living at the facility for the duration of the treatment under the care of medical staff round the clock, this, of course, costs more.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
While rehab price may look prohibitive to some, the addiction itself has much more "costs." The costs of addiction are many:
- The cost of the medications
- Loss of productivity at work
- Legal fines
- Medical accounts for mental/physical health problems linked with dependency
Poor health, overall sadness and damaged relationships are some other "costs" that is associated with addiction
Is Insurance Welcomed?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. However, the facility in question will determine whether to accept the insurance or not. Insurance might only cover a part of your stay, so make sure you check with your insurance company before you enrol.
However, you can deliberate on some other available payment systems with the facility if your insurance is not acceptable. The program may offer sliding scale instalment alternatives or financing arrangements to make the cost more reasonable.
Should I Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
Numerous people looking for recovery go to a recovery office far from their home. Sometimes, this helps with recovery because it takes the users out of the environment where they got into the addiction in the first place.
In such a distinctly isolated area, those going to recovery can completely concentrate on their dependence issues, free of outside diversions or allurements from work, family and companions.
For those attending outpatient programmes, it might be better to go for one nearer home. When you have family responsibilities, a rehabilitation centre that's close can reduce stress as you find a balance between your home obligations and your recovery treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Choosing Between Inpatient And Outpatient Treatment?
There is a difference between outpatient and inpatient facilities - including how intense the treatment is, the costs, support system offered during healing, and the entire environment.
Inpatient offices are recovery centres that offer 24-hour care from staff faculty. Whether in a hospital or other private facility, the patient is under the care of professionals day and night who provide alternating services with medical personnel as required. The two types of facilities offer residential services.
Because the patient is under care for 24 hours, they can receive an intensive form of therapy than at any other kind of programme. As a patient is taken away from the stress of his/her everyday life, he/she is frequently better equipped to deal with his/her addiction problem.
Drug- assisted treatment, group therapy, individual therapy and even some additional therapies like animal therapy and some outdoor programs are involved in rehab programs.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. For those who had tried to stop before and failed, whether inpatient or outpatient and those who have relapsed to using would do well at a residential rehab.
Outpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
Outpatient offices permit patients to want treatment, cure and different services plus after that coming to their homes toward the finish of the treatment sessions. Through this, the home, work and school activities of the person will not be altered during treatment. People with short term, less serious and limited addictions will find this more appropriate, and their duties at home and work will not suffer.
Outpatient programmes can differ. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. Because of the less number of medical staff and the reduced hours of direct care involved, inpatient facilities are costlier than outpatient programs. Since patients can leave, patients don't need to pay for the day and night care. Most insurance plans will pay for some or all of the costs.
Contact us at 0800 246 1509 for further information on the different forms of treatments offered by these two types of addiction treatment. Our rehab placements representatives can answer your questions to help you figure out what rehab fits best with you and your needs.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
Whilst you may feel a bit frightened of being dismissed if you go to a rehabilitation, you may, as a matter of fact, be more inclined to get fired from your job when you fail to seek assistance. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. Under these decrees, it is illicit to fire employment as an outcome of a worker looking for treatment.
How Can I Get The Time Off I Will Need To Go To Rehab?
Numerous inpatient programs require taking some time off from work. But, there are things that can help you with this process. Some of these options are:
- Employee Assistance Program The voluntary programme that offers free treatment recommendations, limited counselling, and confidential assessments from your boss is termed An Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Family and Medical Leave Act Most employers will give you up to 12 weeks of time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which grants you unpaid time off with no effects to your health insurance coverage to seek medical treatment that affects your ability to work. You will gain a lot if you understand what is obtainable in your firm as this area also cover cases of addiction.
- Paid Time Off Another alternative for removing time from work to get assistance with substance misuse is to just utilize serene vacations, beat or individual time to get rehab support.
- Executive Rehabilitation Facilities There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Treatment At last, outpatient programs give other treatment plausibility to any individual who can't take out time from home or work and who may require a more reasonable choice than executive rehabilitation. However, there are lots of 24-hour residential treatment programs that offer concentrated care, and they are more appropriate for those suffering chronic addictions and relapse issues.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
What About Luxury Treatment?
A luxury rehab provides way more facilities and elegant settings than a standard rehabilitation centre. These luxurious rehab facilities are located in out-of-the-way places where total privacy is guaranteed. Luxury centres commonly offer more holistic treatments, gourmet meals, and innovative therapies.
CEOs of big companies, celebrities, and other famous persons prefer luxury rehab as they offer special treatment in their high-class amenities, assure privacy and the chance to be with others of their class; however, anyone is free to attend the treatment programmes as long as they can afford either by insurance, private payments or a marrying of the two.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. In case you aren't sure what sort of treatment program is ideal for you or a friend or family member and might want to examine recovery and recuperation alternatives support, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk with a recovery solution agent.