Nhs Or Private Rehab?
The preferred rehab treatment option for many people is private residential rehab. Enrolment for admission is done within 24 hours. Admission into private rehab treatment program is made easy depending on the mode of payment through available funds from individual or insurance policy cover. Getting an NHS admission to a private rehab clinics can also be possible.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The Nhs?
UK residents can choose addiction rehab treatment by NHS at group based recovery or private recovery, which is free at the purpose of conveyance. You might be required to prove that you have sought local community-based rehab alternatives before to be able to apply for NHS funding at a residential rehab facility. Depending on the readiness of your local dependency team to fund your rehab, getting into residential treatment might take numerous weeks.
For referral you should go to your GP so he can instruct you to the alcohol and drug action team which are nearest to you.
Pros And Cons
Private rehabilitation facilities:
- Flexible treatment plan;
- Fast turnaround admission process within 24 hour duration.
- One-location rehab: continuity of daily procedures and care;
- Patients have similar staff members taking care of them during treatment period.
- Treatment will take place in an environment which is away from worries and temptations, so the patients can focus solely on recovery;
- The helpful group gives solid bonds advisors and different patients that guide recovery;
- Sometimes, facilities to make phone calls/receive letter, family visiting times and visiting accommodation are provided.
- Complementary therapies like art therapy, equine therapy, gym and fitness are also provided.
- Aftercare agenda;
- More expensive than rehab on the NHS.
- Not included in health insurance cover.
- It doesn't cost anything;
- Accessible to everyone;
- Operates in the local community near home and family reach;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- You might not get sent to residential rehab;
- Patients are sometimes required to attend different clinics with the right equipment;
- The more you have the access to drugs and liquor including life distractions, the more it will affect your recovery.
- You get more limited access to personal therapist;
- We provide the same staff and specialist throughout our treatment session to our patients.
- Creating an outpatient support network might be more difficult.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Nhs Elective: Cross Border Treatment
It takes months to organise the admission to private rehab centre via the NHS or local addiction centre in UK even the result is uncertain. Funding through the directives of the EU cross border healthcare can be much faster to access though.
Alcohol Rehab Brighton website can provide additional information to UK residents that want to try this alternative.