Tips On Cutting Down In Brighton Call Alcohol Rehab Brighton
You should use the following advice when you frequently consume over fourteen units of alcohol in a week.
It is the same as consuming ten small-sized glasses of wine with low alcoholic content or 6 pints of beer with regular alcoholic content when you consume 14 units.
- Engage in planning - Make sure the volume of alcohol you must not exceed is set before you even start drinking.
- Have a budget - Map out the amount of money you will spend on alcohol before going, and don't exceed it.
- Let your friends and family know - if you keep your friends and family informed about your decision to cut down, you can easily get the support you need from them.
- You should be taking this one day at a time - you can look forward to cutting back a little daily.
- You will gradually step out of your addiction if you do this.
- Make your drinks smaller - the size of the drink does not matter because you can still enjoy what you are having.
- Instead of a big wine glass, try taking a smaller one instead or bottled alcoholic beverages, not pints.
- Have a drink which is low in strength - you can reduce the content of alcohol by swapping strong beers on winds and select the ones with a lower strength [ABV in %].
- Check the bottles for details about their alcoholic content.
- Remain hydrated - have a glass of water before you have a drink or consider alternating alcoholic drinks with a soft drink or water.
- Take a break - Take some days off from drinking.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 for more support.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
The Advantages Of Minimizing Alcohol Consumption In Alcohol Rehab Brighton
Instant benefits of reducing alcohol are:
- Start feeling better during mornings
- Less fatigued
- Positive effect on the look of your skin
- Increased feeling of fitness
- Weight gaining may be halted
Other advantages that last for an extended period are:
Temporary mind state - Hangovers usually giving delusions of persecution and sadness, and there is a powerful connection between high-risk alcohol consumption and feelings of dejection. Abstaining from drinking alcohol would do a lot good for you because when you are depressed, drinking won't help.
Sleep - having a drink can affect your sleeping pattern. Alcohol has the ability to alter your sleep pattern, making you unable to achieve REM sleep, even though it can assist some individuals to easily sleep. Therefore, cutting down on alcohol should give you the feeling of having rested adequately when you wake up.
Behaviour - Your behaviour and judgment could be impaired by heavy drinking. While drunk you may become irrational or aggressive. One characteristics of excessive drinking is the inability to remember or recall events.
Heart - Research has it that the heart of addicts expands with time. This condition could only be alleviated by giving up alcohol, but it is very dangerous and cannot be completely eradicated.
Your immune system could be damaged by chronic alcoholism. People who consume alcohol excessively are prone to attract infectious diseases.