Common Signs Causes And Consequences Of Alcohol Poisoning Are Recovered At Brighton At Alcohol Rehab Brighton
The effects of Black coffee will not be beneficial. Getting the person sick will also not help. Sleeping through it will not help either.
On the contrary, these methods used to try and sober up a friend can cause more harm than any good. Acute Alcohol Poisoning does not show any specific symptoms that can help in spotting if the person is going through it, or not.
The volume of alcohol consumed does not determine this as people who suffer it may have consumed much or a few bottles of alcohol. You could stop the situation from becoming fatal when you know the symptoms of severe alcohol overdose.
Alcohol Is Toxic Seek To Know More From Brighton
Alcohol can have life-threatening consequences sometimes because it is toxic, even though it may not look like it. Only a single unit of alcohol could be handled by your body in an hour time.
Drinking a large quantity within a short time will result in the quantity of alcohol consumed seeping within the blood and causing problems like stopping the body from functioning adequately.
The alcohol can:
- Cause loss of sense of balance and slowing down of the brain functions
- Cause irritations within the stomach leading to vomiting while also prohibiting the gag reflex within the body from functioning properly, resulting in choking on, inhaling or vomiting into your lungs
- Halting the activities of those nerves that control your heartbeat and breathing
- Cause permanent brain damage due to dehydration
- Cause hypothermia by reducing your body temperature
- Decrease your evels of blood sugar which can result in seizures
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Signs To Judge If You Have Alcohol Poisoning Call Brighton
The symptoms of alcohol poisoning can be considered as a fine line. For a moment, your guest could seem fine, just silly drunk, but all too soon they could also become dangerously intoxicated.
When someone you care about has a case of severe alcohol overdoes, they will become helpless, and that is why it is important to know what the signs of alcohol overdose are.
Be on the watch for the following symptoms;
- Loss of coordination
- Slow or irregular breathing (lower than 8 times in a minute)
- Blue and palish skin
- Lower than usual body temperature (hypothermia)
- Unresponsiveness but still conscious - Stupor
- Unconsciousness - passing out
Know What Not To Do Visit Brighton
It can be very dangerous when someone suffers from a severe alcohol overdose. It could escalate due to your best intentions.
You should know what to do in case a person is suffering from alcohol poisoning since there are many myths out there for handling people who have drunk too much.
Do not ever:
- Let Them Get Past It By Sleeping
- Even when you are not drinking, the amount of it regularly increases in the blood.
- When it enters the digestive system, it is still being absorbed into the bloodstream, just like other liquids.
- The body fails to function normally when there is excessive amounts of alcohol in the bloodstream.
- Provide Them With Coffee
- Alcohol can dehydrate the body.
- This dehydration will only be worsened in the presence of coffee.
- This can result to lasting brain damage when the water loss is too much.
- Force Them To Throw Up
- The gag reflex within the body to the individual will not be functioning properly, and therefore, it can result in them choking on their vomit.
- Force Them To Walk
- Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant which can slow down the functionality of the brain and affects the sense and balance within the individual.
- An accident may easily occur when such a person is walking around.
- Putting Them In A Cold Shower
- Hypothermia is one of the possible effects of alcohol poisoning since alcohol lowers your body temperature.
- A cold shower will only worsen the condition by making the individual even colder.
- Allow Them To Consume More Alcohol
- There could be a catastrophic escalation of the level of alcohol in their bloodstream.
You can never treat alcohol poisoning with alcohol.
Alcohol poisoning is, in most cases, a result of binge drinking. However, there are also other factors, which need to be considered.
Other factors play a vital role in getting this problem, like your age, gender, weight, recent food and its amount, your overall health and other drugs that you take in daily life.
This is the reason why it is essential to stay within the low-risk guidelines. It is better for both the genders to stick to a limit of 14 units per week, for a healthy life. However, you are advised to reduce the amount you consume at a time if you must avoid immediate risks like injury and accidents.
You Should Get Help As Soon As You Notice A Few Of The Associated Symptoms In Brighton
When it comes to an alcohol overdose, prevention is better than cure.
You must contact 999 whenever you have the feeling that a friend or relative is suffering alcohol poisoning.
Acute alcohol poisoning puts many people in hospital over the weekends. If someone's condition is not too bad, then they can go back home after proper monitoring. If they observe conditions, which are serious they could:
- A tube could be inserted into the windpipe to help the person breathe
- Their vitamin levels, blood sugar and body water content could be increased by administering drip on them.
- Equip them with a catheter - this tube allows them to immediately empty their bladder into a bag.
- Pump the stomach by using flushing fluids through a tube inserted through the nose or the mouth.